In case you did not get the memo, our hopes for the summer is to meet twice--once in July and once in August.
On July 1st, we'll be meeting at BHS to discuss our first book in its entirety. The book we're reading for that date is Jodi Picoult's Second Glance. We're also asking for all previous members to bring along at least one friend who you think may enjoy One Book, One BHS.
At that meeting, we'll present our July read to be completed for our August 3rd meeting. We look forward to seeing you then!!
Monday, June 1, 2009
6 comments:
Do you agree or disagree? Do you have a connection you want to share? Do you have a question? Post your comment! Please remember to stick to first names only. Comments will show once they're approved by the moderators. Thanks for contributing to the One Book, One BHS book club conversations!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

ARe we still meeting on the 1st? When and where? Please send out an e-mail.
ReplyDeleteLee
Yep! We are still planning to meet Wednesday, July 1st at 6PM at the school. Hope to see you there!
ReplyDeleteSo sad I can't be there. My son has a baseball game in Evergreen.
ReplyDeleteI loved Second Glance. This is my 10th Jodi Picoult book and after each one, I deem it my new favorite. This was no exception.
I loved not really knowing for sure if Lia was alive or dead. I loved the relationship with Ross. Okay, all of her relationships. What a great book!
Becky
I haven't quite finished the book yet. When Lia kept dissapearing I figured her to be a ghost. I am going to finish the book soon. What's the next one?
ReplyDeleteLee
I was extremely disappointed in the communication about the book group meetings this summer. I expected an email reminder about the July meeting, as I do not check the blog on a regular basis. I also never received information about the August meeting. Did you even have it? I have talked to several people who think the book group is a great idea, but we all agree that you need to be more organized and your communication needs to be better.
ReplyDeleteOne Book, One BHS would like to apologize to its members for this lack in communication. At the same time, we'd like to thank you for sticking with us through our first few months. We agree that the summer books did not go as planned, and we apologize for the confusion. Please do not lose faith in us, though, as we've been making several adjustments to improve our club for this upcoming school year. Some of the adjustments that have already been made include:
ReplyDelete*a regular meeting time--meetings will be held on the second Wednesday of the meeting month (averaging once every two months)
*a book club member bookmark--if you attend a meeting, you will receive a bookmark that will specify the title and date for the next meeting
*coordinator structure--as we've learned what has to be done to make sure everything is communicated, there will now be regular emails being sent to all members to update status and to provide friendly reminders regarding the next meeting
Thanks again for having patience. Our initial members are so important to us, as you are the personality and the faces of One Book, One BHS.
We appreciate your supportive comments and suggestions, and we hope you'll find evidence of how we've taken them to heart. If there are any future concerns or comments, please feel free to contact any of the coordinators at the following email addresses:
cwendt@sd27j.org
kruybal@sd27j.org
smartin@sd27j.org
In the meantime, we do hope to see you at our upcoming meeting, Wednesday, September 9th.