Monday, September 14, 2009

Our upcoming book


This past week, we met and discussed our thoughts on Kathryn Stockett's The Help. It was great to see some new faces, and we hope all of you can join us for our next meeting.

If you haven't checked in with us this year, yet, please join us and see how One Book, One BHS has geared up for a bigger and better 2nd year!

To receive an $8 copy of our next book, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, email kruybal@sd27j.org at your earliest convenience.


Guernsey is island of southern Great Britain, one of the Channel Islands in the English Channel off the coast of northwest France.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, what's the next book and will you have the questions for our upcoming meeting posted before the meeting? Loved the book! At first I thought, oh man, this is going to be so boring, but once the letters started coming from Gurnsey, I couldn't wait to hear what happened. I actually went ahead to find certain letters to and from certain people so I can see what happened because I couldn't wait! Ha! the last two books I had to skip some parts because I was too stressed out to see what happened.
    Lee Contreras

    ReplyDelete

Do you agree or disagree? Do you have a connection you want to share? Do you have a question? Post your comment! Please remember to stick to first names only. Comments will show once they're approved by the moderators. Thanks for contributing to the One Book, One BHS book club conversations!